Solved: windows 10 Bitdefender Error on Shutdown
Bitdefender provides one of the best cybersecurity services and antivirus software to more than 150 countries. Sometimes you face issues in Bitdefender threat scanner, among which Windows 10 Bitdefender error on shutdown is the common one. When you face this error, you will get a message that a problem has occurred in Bitdefender Threat scanner and a file containing error information has been created. See the below fixes to solve the problem.
Fixes for Windows 10 Bitdefender Error on Shutdown
In Windows system, a Spybot Search & Destroy file is there that uses Bitdefender engine. If you fix this Spybot Search & destroy file on Windows 10, your Bitdefender error will also get resolved. You may also be required to install a new Bitdefender.
Many times, other technologies and applications use Bitdefender to run. Therefore, even if you have not downloaded and installed Bitdefender, antivirus program for your Windows 10, you may get the Bitdefender error on restart.
Fixing Spybot Bitdefender Error for Windows 10
Fix Windows 10 Bitdefender error on shutdown using the steps below:
- In the search box, type “File explorer”. Hit Enter.
- Type “C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot -Search & Destroy 2”in the search bar. Press Enter. It will start searching for Spybot folder.
- Search for “SDAV.dll” file in Spybot folder. Right Click on the file to copy it.
- SDAV.dll file occupies only 32KB but you will not be able to locate it as it might have been deleted by an antivirus software.
- If you find out that the SDAV.dll file is not 32 KB or it is not present there in the Spybot folder, you can also download it from “Missing files”.
- Once you have finished downloading SDAV.dll file on Windows 10, copy it.
- Now open “Spybot-Search and destroy2” and right click here to paste the SDAV.dll file which was copied in the previous step.
- Now check again, if Windows 10 Bitdefender error has gone or not.
Uninstall and Reinstall Bitdefender
If the above method is not working for you, you need to uninstall current Bitdefender application and reinstall it again. To uninstall Bitdefender, follow the steps below:
- Go to control panel. From here select “View by category”.
- Click uninstall under programs.
- From the “Programs and Features” window, locate “Bitdefender”. Right click on it for uninstalling.
- Now download Bitdefender again. Install it on your system.
- Try new Bitdefender on your computer and see if you are getting Bitdefender error on shutdown.
The above methods are simple and will surely solve your issue of Bitdefender error on shutdown in Windows 10.