How to reset Hotmail password?
Hotmail is a crucial email account, what if you forget your Hotmail password and find it difficult to reset, without thinking much, Dial us directly on this toll free support number 1-866-374-7444.
There are multiple steps to reset the password, you can use the following instructions as this is also a main source of information.
If you want to reset your hotmail account password on your desktop steps are given below:
- Open the password reset page and go to https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx Link in your browser.
- Check on the “I forgot my password” option.
- Click on Next.
- Enter your email address. Type in, the Hotmail or Outlook email address for which you want to recover the password.
- You can also enter your recovery phone number or Skype username if you have either on file or associated with your account.
Enter the verification code. Type the code that’s in the box below the email address text field into the “Enter the characters you see” field near the bottom of the page.
- You can click on New next to the code box to reset.
- .Click Next.
Click on an account reset option. Click either on Text or Email on this page to go to the next option.
- If you haven’t registered a backup or a recovery phone number, you’ll just see an Email here.
- If you haven’t registered a backup/recovery email account or a phone number, click on I don’t have any of these and click on Next, enter a backup/recovery email, and follow instructions carefully. This may help you out in getting your account back.
- Enter your email address or phone number. Type your full email address below the Email option on the page apart from this you can also type the last four digits of your phone number under the Text option on the page.
- Click on Send code. You can see a blue button at the bottom of the page. This will send a recovery code to your email address or phone number which is linked with your Hotmail account.
Retrieve the recovery code. To do so go through the following instructions:
- Email – Open the recovery/backup email address, select the email and note the code which is immediate next to the “Security code” head.
- Text – Open your messaging/inbox of your phone, tap on the text (usually a six-digit phone number), and note the code in the text message.
- Enter the recovery code. Type the code into the text field and, then click on Next. Once the code that you entered matches the one that you received, you’ll be taken to the password reset page to reset your password.
- Enter a new password. Type your new password into the “New password” box and then “Re-enter password” in the next box as per instructions, and then click on Next.
- Click on the Next when prompted. After a single click this will take you back to the sign-in page where you can login to your account again and get an access.
Summary of hotmail account password reset
1. Go to a link or click directly on a link https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx.
2. Click on “I forgot my password” and click on Next option.
3. Enter your email address carefully.
4. Enter the verification code and click on the Next option.
5. Select the Textor Email option.
6. Enter the email address or phone number and click on Send Code option.
7. Enter the recovery code properly which is either in your email or phone.
8. Create a new password and tap Next and get an access of account.