Gmail is one of the biggest email clients in the world. With billions and billions of active users, Gmail is also one of the most used mail services. Being a Google product it’s robust and rich in features and customization. The mail service provides a plethora of settings and customization options to its users.
There are a number of methods by which you can search an email from Gmail. You can search by name, by Id, by date and so on. But there is another method which is not known to most of us. You can also search an email by specifying its size. Now you must be wondering who remembers the size of an email? Well, it’s not possible to remember the size of an email but we do have some idea of what the size of an email can be. For example, emails which have picture attachments will have larger size. If you are searching for mails that have photographs as attachments then it will usually be greater than 5MB. If you have attached small video clips then you can search emails greater than 5 MB and less than 25 MB.
If the users want to know about how to search for mails in G mail then they can just follow the below mentioned steps and can undertake their work at any time and from any where.
- First of all the users need to sign in to their Gmail account with the email and password.
- Go to the search field that is at the top of the page and mention the search items in it.
- After the users have mentioned their search items in the search field, select the magnifying glass icon and get the mail instantly.
- There are various search options that the users can utilize to get the desired mail that they are looking for.
- For this the users just have to select the drop down arrow icon in the search field and get various search options.
- Get the sender’s name and email address by selecting on the from field.
- If the users want to get the mail by the email’s content then select on the has the words option.
- If the users want to get the mail by the subject then select on the subject option.
- Users can also look for phrase in their mails by mentioning the quotation marks.
- Users can also look for mail that doesn’t has specific words by selecting on doesn’t have field.
- If the users want to find emails that includes an attachment then select on has attachment option.
- Users can also look for the specific mail by its date by selecting on the date within option.
That’s how you can conduct a search for finding specific email messages or labeled conversations in your Gmail inbox.