Why my IMAP Gmail is Not Responding?
Gmail is one of the most frequent used email services across the globe. There might be sometimes issues occur to the user in the functioning of Gmail.
To setup IMAP for Google/Gmail, you must first enable IMAP by:
- Log into Google/Gmail.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right, then select Settings.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Under IMAP Access, select the radio button for Enable IMAP and click on Save Changes.
- Click on Settings again.
What is the IMAP server for Gmail?
Incoming connections to the IMAP server at imap.gmail.com:993 require SSL. The outgoing SMTP server, smtp.gmail.com , requires TLS. Use port 465 , or port 587 if your client begins with plain text before issuing the STARTTLS command.
There might be different reasons why the Gmail not working which might be:
Loading issues: Sometimes this happens that users might find it difficult in loading their Gmail account. This might be due to the reason that there is a slow internet connection due to which Gmail is not able to load properly. User should also check that they have a latest updated version of browser. Some applications may also lead to this problem, so uninstall them and then load your Gmail account.
Gmail is slow: Although your Gmail is loading but it is slow resulting in delay in your work. This might be due to the browser. User should always have a latest version of the browser. Sometimes extension and add-ons which a user has installed may also lead to slow down the Gmail response. Clear the browsers cache and cookies and see if the problem is resolved.
Links aren’t working: Again this issue is also related to the browser you re working on and the unwanted applications.
Apart from these issues there might be issues resulted due to settings, browser got struck in an endless redirect loop.
There also might be the reason that Gmail not responding due to imap.gmail.com is not responsive. In such case you have to follow these given steps to overcome this issue.
- Change IMAP server, use the incoming mail server imap.googlemail.com.
- Disable and re-enable IMAP in Gmail settings: Disable IMAP access to your account and save changes. Again enable IMAP access and save changes.
- Google allows a certain number of connection to mail box, if there are too many it can block IMAP access to your account.
Get Solution for “imap.gmail.com” is not responding on ios
- Evacuate the accounts hich are not working from mail.
- Re-include the records, yet don’t choose “Google” from this screen and rather select other.
- Pick add mail account.
- Enter your gmail data including the name that you need your reciepients to see.
- On the accompanying screen, include your data once more.You’ll likewise need to include the SMTP and IMAP servers and additionally your gmail location and password to extra fields on this screen
- Pick on the off chance that you need to synchronize notes on the following screen and you are done now.
You ought to be good to go with your gmail account added to mail again bypassing the falling flat Google oauth confirmation strategy. You may likewise need to empower IMAP on gmail that you have not done as such eventually as of now.
Sometimes when user access mail account on their Mac,iphone or ipod, they might recieve message as “Cannot get Mail.The mail server “imap.gmail.com” is not responding”.For such gmail not responding/working issue customer need to verify the information entered by him is correct or not.
Solution 1:Unlock Google Captcha
Go to https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha (in case you are using google apps,then go through https://www.google.com/a/domainname.com/UnlockCaptcha) and remove the captcha from google mail account.
Now enter your user name and password followed by filling out the captcha and then click Unblock.
Solution 2:Reboot your iOS or Mac device and then open your mail app again.
Solution 3: Delete your email account and setup it again.
Solution 4:Manage Airplane Mode
1. Turn on your iOS device airplane mode
2.Wait for few seconds
3.Again,Turn it off.
1.Instead of using imap.gmail.com use imap.googlemail.com as IMAP server.
2.Before reopen mail app,close all multitasking app.
Why is my Gmail not loading?
Gmail won‘t load. To try using Gmail without any extensions, open Gmail using your browser’s incognito or private browsing mode. Step 3: Clear your browser’s cache & cookies. Try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, then using Gmail again to see if that solves the problem.
How do I fix connection to server failed?
Other Possible Solutions
- Change the Mail Days to Sync field to No Limit.
- Reset Network settings via Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Disable iCloud. Navigate back to mail account and reset the password.
- Delete the account and create it as a new account.
Related top searches queries: Gmail Not Working,Gmail Not Responding,Gmail not Responding iphone,Gmail Troubleshooting,gmail is not loading