If you are worried about the security of your Yahoo account, the simplest thing you are able to do is to change Yahoo password. Indeed, this procedure takes a couple of minutes of your time at maximum and you are able to make sure that your Yahoo account will not be easily hacked.
However, turning on the feature of 2-step verification or providing an alternate email address will improve the security of your account a way better, and you can find out how to do that in other posts of this category. For now, follow the instructions below in order to get your password changed.
How To Change Yahoo Password on PC Step-by-Step
- First Step. First of all, you need to enter the website of Yahoo (https://www.yahoo.com/) by launching the browser and copying that URL into the address line. Press the “Enter” button.
- Second Step. In the right-upper part of the page, find the “Sign in” button. Click on it.
- Third Step. Provide your email address and click on “Next.” Provide the password and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Fourth Step. Immediately after that, you will get to see the main page of Yahoo again. At this point, however, you will be logged in. So, click on your profile image and you will see a pop-up menu opening. In that menu, you have to select “Account info.”
- Fifth Step. Now, you have just accessed the page of your personal information at Yahoo. Among four categories of information that you will get to see on the left, you need to click on “Account security.”
- Sixth Step. In the “Account security” section, find the “Change password” text button and give it a click. On the next page, you will be offered to always log in with the help of your phone. Instead, opt “No, I want to change my password.”
- Seventh Step. Following it, you will see a new Yahoo window where you can set up a new password. Just make up a reliable password, enter it in the first field, retype in the second field, and click on the blue “Continue” button.
- Eighth Step. You will see a notification that your password has been changed on the next page. Yet, Yahoo will offer you to add another phone number and a recovery email for the sake of security. If you want to skip it, click on either “Looks good” or “I’ll secure my account later.” That’s all. From this point, you can use your newly set password.