Fix issue if Apple Safari browser is not working, loading or not responding
Here we will talk about Apple Safari problems after updating to iOS 11 or even the newest iOS 11.1/11.2, and provide some basic troubleshooting tips to fix Safari not working on iPhone iPad. If you’re still running in iOS 10, you can also follow tips below to fix Safari not working issue.
Safari is the default browser of Apple and it can get a real headache when Safari is slow, stops responding or has other issues. These issues are because of Internet plug-in, Safari Extension or other add-on. The internet plug-ins, Safari extensions, and other add-ons are made for enhancing or customizing the browsing experience. If Apple Safari not working or Apple Safari not responding, then there may be a chance that the add-ons present on internet & installed as a part of the software or app might have caused the trouble. For correcting the issue, you can do following things:
TURN OFF SAFARI EXTENSIONS
You just have to turn off Safari Extensions so that you can see whether any of it is causing any issue.
- Right from the Safari Extension, you just have to choose “preferences”.
- Now, you have to click the Extensions icon and then simply select any extension that is present in the list.
- After the above steps, deselect the Enable checkbox so that you can turn off that specific extension.
If you find out that the issue has been resolved after turning off that extension, then you have to check for the updates of the extension by clicking Updates present in the lower left corner of the screen. Or you can simply remove that extension by just clicking the Uninstall button.
Method 1 : REMOVE INTERNET PLUG-INS AND OTHER ADD-ONS
To check whether any internet plug-in or any add-on is causing the trouble, you can remove them. For finding these, you just have to quit Safari and then open Library folders.
- Open the Library folder that is at the top level of the hard drive from the Finder. You can do so by choosing Go and then Go to Folder right from the menu bar. After that, you have to type /Library and simply click on the button “Go”.
- You will get the Library folder in the home folder. You have to open it by holding the Option and while choosing Go and then Library straight from the menu bar.
The folder has folders for add-ons and you can move any files present in folders to trash.
- Internet Plug-ins
- Input methods
- Input Managers
- Scripting additions
If the problem resolves by removing files from the folders, quit Safari again and put back files till you find the one causing the problem.
- Open trash and select any one file you removed and put back. File will return back to the folder.
- Check Safari by opening it:
- If issue is back, the file has been identified and you must not use it or get it updates.
- If issue doesn’t come back, quit Safari and repeat the process.
If the problem is Safari not loading pages on mac, then you have o check Safari extensions or you can try to remove the cookies, cache or the other website data. You can do following things:
Method 2: CHECK PARENTAL CONTROLS
If you are logged in with account that’s restricted by Parental Controls, then you have to check the administrator to see whether you can get access to the site that you’ve been trying to.
Method 3: CHECK SAFARI EXTENSIONS
There are some Safari Extensions which block ads and website content can prevent you from viewing the webpage. Turn off those extensions and reload Safari.
- Choose Safari and then Preferences.
- Now, click extensions.
- Select one, then deselect checkbox “enable extension.” Repeat this for all extensions.
Method 4: Clear Safari History & Website Data : If you want to fix your slow Safari and improve its performance in iOS 10 or iOS 11/11.1/11.2,
- cleaning out cache, cookies and history may be helpful.
- To remove all history and website data, just go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data.
- But notice that you will lose all browsing history, login data, theme selection, preferences and other customized.
Method 5: Restart Your iOS Device: If it has been a long time since you last restarted your iOS device, you can try
- A fully power off on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to fix your iOS 11.2/11.1/11/10 Safari problem.
- In this way, all processes on your device will be closed and the iOS memory will be completely released, which is helpful to let your Safari work in normal in iOS 11.2/11.1/11/10.
Conclusion : so if your apple safari is not working , loading or responding anymore you can follow above steps
Find here top most searches queries: Apple safari browser is not working on iPad, Mac, Mackbook, iPhone, Apple Safari browser is not responding on Mac, iOS, Apple safari not responding on macbook pro, apple safari not responding on iphone,apple safari browser is not loading on mac, apple safari browser is not loading on iphone, apple safari browser not loading on ipad.